Dr. Richard L. Bowman
- Educational background: postdoctoral studies
(theoretical chemistry, U. of Southern California), PhD
(biophysics, Oregon State U.), MA (physics, Kent State
U.), and BS (dual majors, physics and mathematics,
Eastern Mennonite U.).
- Taught physics at the baccalaureate-level for 32
years (currently in his 26th year at Bridgewater
College, VA, USA).
- Taught physics and mathematics for one year in
Belize (Central America) at the Belize Technical
- Has written several web-based interactive
simulations in physics and astronomy using HTML and
- For 17 years filled the quarter-time role of
director of academic computing at Bridgewater College
while continuing as a physics professor (and department
chair for a number of years).
- Used Moodle since 2008 in classes and led faculty
workshops equipping faculty members for effective use of
Moodle to web-enhance courses. (Earlier has used WebCT
for two years and also worked with a variety of
stand-alone tools such as a MOO and JS Quiz Maker.)
- Led a variety of workshops at Bridgewater College
and other institutions relating to educational
- Consulted with colleges and high schools on their
- Web author for several web sites including this one.
Documents and Links
Contact Information and Form